The Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) is an initiative by the South African Government that aims to support employees. The Government does this by saving up a small percentage of the monthly remuneration of employees and paying it back to them when they are out of jobs.
To check your Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) online, log in to the UIF portal Ufiling.co.za status check, select the “Check My Status” icon and follow the instructions shown on your screen, input the security Captcha followed by inputting your UIF reference number and wait for SMS notification.
Table of Contents
How To Check UIF Claim Status Online
- Log onto the official UIF website at www.ufiling.co.za status check.
- Next, click on the “Check My Status” icon.
- Then, follow the instructions given on the screen
- Next, Enter the Captcha number displayed on the screen
- Finally, proceed to enter your UIF Reference Number
You will be notified via SMS when a conclusion has been reached on your claim. You can also request a notification if further information would be required from you.
Second Option – Check your UIF Claim status via Email
- You can also send an email to [email protected]
- In the email, you should provide your name, Identification, and your UIF registration number, to check your UIF Claim status via Email.
Another way to . You can send an email containing your name, identification, and UIF registration number to [email protected] .
If you prefer the old-fashioned way of checking your UIF Claim status, then you can visit the labor office closest to you to sign the register. You will be required to present your identification and UIF registration number so make sure you have it handy when visiting the Labour office. The officials at the Labour office will run a check on your claim to know if it is been activated or not. If it has been activated then, you will be told when to expect your first payment. And if otherwise, you will be told when it will be activated.
A downside of this option is the possibility that some labor offices may be closed. If within eight weeks, you have not gotten any payment after your registration at the Labour Office, then you can place a call to the Labour Centre to question the delay in payment. You can reach the UIF office on 012 337 1997.
It’s advised that you have your name and Identification number handy before placing a call to them to avoid wasted time. Each time you get paid, the UIF Fund will send you a slip to notify you of the payment so that you can access it at your bank. The slip also contains information on how much you were paid and how much you can still get, so it’s advised that you handle it carefully as it’s a very useful slip.
How To Check UIF Balance Online
Now, you can check your UIF balance online without contacting your employer. That will be cool right? Yeah, you can check your UIF balance on your smartphone right in the comfort of your home. You can check your UIF balance via the official website of the UIF or on the UIF app.
To use the official website of the UIF, you will be required to go through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the UIF at https://ufiling.labour.gov.za/uif/.
- Log into your uFiling account.
- Next, you can click on the “Check My Balance” icon.
- Then, follow the instructions on the screen to proceed.
- A Captcha number will appear on your screen, input that number into the space provided.
- Input your UIF reference number as requested.
- You will be shown your UIF balance.
How To Check UIF Pandemic Relief (UIF-Covid-19 TERS National Disaster Application System)
Reports have revealed that Covid-19 TERS is no doubt one of the most productive financial government interventions in South Africa as it constituted 29% of the 41% incentive package successfully expended by 31st of March 2021. If you are searching for the UIF Pandemic relief also known as the UIF-Covid-19 TERS National Disaster Application System, you should take the following steps:
- Log onto https://uifecc.labour.gov.za/covid19/paymentStausJsp
- Input the Captcha number displayed on the screen.
- Next, input your UIF Reference number.
- Then you will be shown your UIF status.
However, if you do not have a reference number, then take the following steps:
- Visit https://uifecc.labour.gov.za/covid19/paymentStatusJsp
- Enter your ID number.
- Then click on the “Get Status” icon.
- Your UIF Status will be displayed.
The Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) has disbursed over R9 billion for its COVID-19 Relief Benefit and has dependably paid out regular unemployment benefits to the tune of R1.3- billion to 123,000 employees over the years. With these excellent records, we would love to encourage everyone to be patient if you experience delays in processing your claims. You can be guaranteed that you will get your money if you have not received it yet.
How To Check If Your Company Has Been Paid
If you are not sure if your company has been paid the Covid-19 relief fund, you can check without asking your employer. This is possible because the names of the companies that have been paid have been disclosed. To check if your company or employer has been paid, simply visit the official website of the UIF-Covid-19 Temporary Employee/Employers Relief Scheme website at https://uifecc.labour.gov.za/covid19/paidEntitiesList then carefully check from top to bottom to find your employer name.
If you do not find your employer’s name on the list, then, unfortunately, you may not receive any money from the UIF special covid 19 relief scheme. However, you can talk to your employer and get them to register. You never can tell, they might not be informed about it. You can encourage them to reach the UIF fund to register so you can also receive your benefits.